Friday, November 18, 2011

Should I Buy TaylorMade Tour Burner or Burner XD Irons?

I'm undecided between the two and am looking for some advice on each set. I'm being custom fitted on Friday so I'll need to decide then.





I do like the TaylorMade arrow grips and it seems the Burner XD irons have these but the Tour Burners do not.|||the XD is considered to be a game improvement club. As such it's targeted at the mid to high handicapper. They're very forgiving irons. I took a set of XDs for a round a couple of weeks ago and I was quite impressed. The ones that I tried had 90 gm steel shafts, nice and light and they went well with the weighted iron heads. I got probably 20 yards more out of them than I normally get with my Rac 2s.





Purely by coincidence this morning I was talking with a TM rep and he was telling me about the new burner irons. The target demographic for the tours is going to be the mid to low handicapper. They won't be as forgiving as the XDs but you will be able to work the ball better with the burners than with the XDs. From your question it sounds like you haven't tried either yet so I'd suggest that you wait until after your fitting and see which you prefer. As a mid-cap either choice would work for you so it's just a matter of personal preference.|||If your being custom fitted why ask? The fitting will show whats best for you and I'm sure they'll fit the grips you want.|||I would buy Pings. I know this doesn't answer your question but Pings kick ars. Their fitting process is second to none.|||Before buying any club I would advise you to hit them on a launch monitor. The data will tell you which ones you hit best.

No comments:

Post a Comment