Friday, November 11, 2011

Taylormade TOUR BURNER vs R7 vs Titleist AP1. Which is the best iron from YOUR experience?

TaylorMade Tour Burner


TaylorMade r7 (standard, not draw or cgb)


Titleist AP1





Thinking of buying either the Tour Burner or the AP1.





I would just like to get your feedback if have any of these irons sets above.





Feel, Forgiveness, Workability, etc.





Thank you.|||the tour burner is going to be the most workable of any of the clubs, but you will lose a lot of forgiveness, r7 irons should be out of the question, they are totally overrated. im actually looking at titleist ap1's and i like them alot. they feel amazing, you can work them a little, and are super forgiving, even though you can still tell where you hit the ball on the face.





i suggest AP1's but demo both the AP1 and AP2. the AP2's are meant for a mid to low handicapper, so give them both a try and see what you want.|||Tour Burner are high handicap/forgiveness clubs, so they'll actually be the least workable of the bunch, but in theory should offer the most forgiveness. The R7's are great clubs and luckily they have just had a manufacturers price lowering so they're about $499 most places now. I actually own a set of the AP-1's that I got last Friday and have played 2 rounds with already. I think they're excellent. They have a beefier top line than my old set, but with the forgiveness factor of them, if you don't hit it on the screws every time, you're still going to get good results. They're a little pricey, but so far they're well worth it to me. Of the iron sets I tested, they offered the best combination of the 3 elements you mentioned...feel, forgiveness, and workability, as they feel like butter when you make good contact; already mentioned the forgiveness aspect, and as an occasional drawer of the ball...they respond to the command to do so. Not a fader or cutter, so I can't speak on that. They also have a great trajectory, higher than my older clubs, but the lofts are a few degrees stronger so you're getting more length, but softer landings. I'm a little biased on the Titleist, so I'd say go that way...but do get fitted, it'll be worth the time %26amp; money to your game.Good luck!|||personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Burner series. The clubs are slightly longer and have stronger lofts than their r7 counterparts. Sure that'll make 'em longer when you stack them up club for club against another set, but it'll make em harder to control, as well





However, I'm a huge fan of the r7's. I love the shape, the inverted cone technology, and the playability. Can't say enough good things about these clubs.





Never hit the AP1's, and probably never going to. I'm not a huge Titleist fan, though they are trying to make things for the Average Hacker nowadays.....|||The question is, what level of golfer are you? Without a doubt, the burner series is a more forgiving club, but esthetically its an amateur club head compared to the R7's and the AP1's.





I would go with the R7 tp's. Their the more forgiving of the tour model irons, and they feel like butta when you pure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment