Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What year did the taylormade r7 460 driver come out?

I cant remember how long ago i bought this driver. i know it been awhile, i was thinking about getting a new driver. How much has the technology changed since the r7 460? how much distance/accuracy could i gain all things being equal? i Hit driver around 250yrds now, swing speed 100 mph, shoot in mid 80s , thanks for input|||Kevin,



I don't know the exact day but it was in 2007, hence r7. The r9 came out in 2009 and the r11 this year. I assume we may see an r13, if Taylor Made is not superstitious.



I too played the r7 SuperQuad and played around 120 rounds with it. During early 2010, I felt it just wasn't working as well as when I first got it. I upgraded at that time to the r9 and found that I gained about 15 yards, but more importantly found my control was much better. I would love to upgrade to the r11 but because it is white and my wife also plays golf, I can't hide it from her if I get it.



You didn't ask about this but I'll tell you anyway. I also upgraded my irons in 2010, same time I upgraded my driver. I found the technology in irons had changed much more than with drivers. I got the Burner Irons and added 30 yards with the mid irons and 50+ with the long irons and control increase was more than I could have hoped for. If you're iron set is 5 or more years old - upgrade that first!



Good Luck and Low Scores



Kevin, Update: I went to the Taylor Made website and found their press releases by month and found the answer to your first question, below is the cut and paste from that site. Source below will have the actual web site.





TaylorMade Introduces r7 SuperQuad Driver

Friday, January 26, 2007|||This product is very classic, from the beginning involved in the sport, I purchased a taylormade r7 drivers, its shaft is my favorite, until now I still use it, it is classic, irreplaceable, until this year I bought a R11, it can debug perspective I really like, I will participate in the competition every time with these two products, I and my friends are around to buy in the store, product and quality is good, perfect, great, you can not miss sales|||r7 quad first came out in 2005 it was on the 2005 golf digest hot list. Not sure about the r7 460 but I'd imagine it was around 2005-2006





I'm golfing with the superquad currently but I've gone to golf town quite a few times to try out other drivers without a noticeable distance.





Best thing to do is to bring in your driver to a place like golf town where they let you hit the clubs in a simulator and see if there's a difference, but chances are there won't be a huge difference.|||I've been playing an R5 since 2005 and it seems like the newer technology hasn't progressed very much as far as distance goes. Some of the newer drivers like the R11 have slightly better feel and look, but if its not broken don't fix it.





The major companies have pretty much maxed out the face and size so the things you might want to look into would be head composition or offset/onset. The R7 pretty much got down the weight management and movability, but i have heard good things about the R11.|||TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver is simply the best driver I have ever used in my life, lightweight FAST FAST FASSSSSSSSSSST, I highly recommend it. I LOVE the look of it too with the white head and black face. It really stands out on the course!|||I want to tell everyone, GOLFCLUB777 is great, perfect, the quality is perfect, you can not miss sales





"mmmm tasty" “MMMM美味”“hi zip nip” “hi zipperhead”“report spam” is "白虎" he is a chinese people, he is have a store: www.golffactorystore.com , is a fake,|||2007. It won't make much difference. That is still pretty new.

No comments:

Post a Comment