Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Which is better? The Taylormade Microlite or the Taylormade Stratus golf stand bag?

I love walking on the course and would prefer a lighter bag but I don't want something that's too small where my clubs can barely fit in. Any suggestions?|||Both bags suck. Taylormade makes horrible golf bags.


I'd get a wal mart bag for 29.95.|||It's a bag. Sorry, but it's a bag. I've never spent more than $60 on a bag. My Datrek stand bag that I bought from my local Meijer's (the Midwestern Wal-Mart, for those that don't know) for $50 is 3 years old and still going strong. I have a Great Divider cart bag ($80) that's two years old and it's also still going strong. I still have my Datrek cart bag ($60) from 5 years ago... only reason why I switched to the GD was because my wife got it for me for Christmas (It's red and black, like the colors of my Nebraska Cornhuskers).





To make a short answer long, there is no answer. It shouldn't matter if I like whichever bag- the only person who should have an opinion is YOU. If both have what you're looking for- number of pouches, enough slots for your clubs, putter well (if you like that), a nice shoulder strap, etc.- go with the one that looks best to you.|||I agree with Sandberg 100%. Taylor Made, while making great clubs have horrendous bags. I have owned 3 TM brand bags and every one has fallen apart withing a couple months. The 3 carry bags I've had all had the straps rip off. I don't know whether it's the material they use or what but they simply do not last.





After that I purchased a bag manufactured by GEL in England from EBay. The bag is now three years old. No tears, no wear marks, still perfect. I would check into finding one of those if you can. It is the only carry bag I've owned that has performed so well and you can usually pick them up fairly cheap (I paid $28 for mine).





There are other companies that manufacture decent quality bags without breaking the bank. Believe it or not, WalMart carries a brand named "Ergonomix" which seems to be pretty soild and I believe only runs about $49.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment