Friday, November 18, 2011

Are taylormade woods worth the price?

When going about picking woods what's the best combinations for a newbie at golf? I want an over sized platform for maximum forgiveness. I was looking at Ping, Nike, and Taylormade.|||taylormade clubs are definetely worth the price, because they make their clubs to perfection. If youre really concerned about the price, a good idea is to try and test out a set of second hand taylormade clubs. remember that its not all about the clubs, and its about what fits you and what feels good in your hands. I hope my answer helped.|||The fist of doom is absolutely right, go to a golf store and spend some time talking to one of the more knowledgeable reps or better yet go to a golfcourse and talk to one of the pros. I in particular really wanted a Taylor Made driver - they are amazingly solid when hit and the ball jumps off the face. However, me personally - when I stood over it to hit a ball, looking down at it I couldn't get comfortable with my aim. It always appeard to be pointed left.





I felt most comfortable with the Cobra and Cleveland drivers. When I was on the launch monitor I hit a bunch of drivers till I found the one that maximized carry and roll. You should pick a loft that is right for you. Lofts range from 8.5 to 12 degrees on drivers. A low loft with a slow swing speed won't fly far enough and may slice too much. A high loft for a fast swing speed will go too high and won't fly far enough so the loft, swing speed and quality of swing need to match.





As important as the appearance and feel of the head is the shaft - be sure to match a shaft to your swing speed. A person that is 5' 8" tall with a medium swing speed and a 6' 3" person with a fast swing speed will need a different shaft. A slower swing needs more flex to increase distance and a faster swing will need a stiff shaft to control accuracy.





So it's important to pick the right club head for feel, sound, loft and alignment. After you find a club that you like in the store, shop around for that model at a cheaper price, here's the link to Golfsmith's Outlet - they have incredible deals.|||You can always find them in the used club bin at the local golf shop. From experience, I own the V-Steel 15潞 and the R580XD 10.5潞 driver; both are outstanding. I hit the R7 460 Draw while on vacation...Ball went FAR and straight. The new Burner line is very popular.|||Yes.


R7s are great drivers.


R7 fairway woods, hybrids, are nice too.


V-steel woods are $99.


Get them used.|||I know we all tend to prefer certain manufacturers for one reason or another, but you just can't substitute for experience.


Go to your preferred local golf shop and just hit everything in the store on the simulator or launch monitor. You'll find out pretty quickly what brands interest you. My criteria for any new club are usually





1. How does it perform as far as distance compared to the others I tried?


2. How does good contact feel?


3. How forgiving are my mishits?





Here's a site for some club reviews, there's some good info there. Most of the reviews are good but a lot of people write about equipment they didn't like as well.





http://www.golf-gear-review.com/results-鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment