Friday, November 18, 2011

What's best - TaylorMade Burner Draw Driver or the R7 version?

I'm slicing most of my drives and been looking for a draw driver. My current driver is a 9.5* loft which might explain some spin. I've only been playing 6 months and it seems that my slicing is costing me probably 2 shots per hole - which, if cured, would bring my handicap down rather nicely!!! Should I stick with a neutral driver and attempt to cure my technique or go for the draw?|||lets see...... New driver = Somewhere around 175.00 with shipping. Net result you have a new driver and still slice.





Lessons from a Pro = Somewhere around 50.00........No slice and 125.00 still in pocket........ Which math looks better to you?|||I doubt your are slicing because of the club. I would bet that you are either one...not finishing your swing, thus leaving your right hand open....or two....you are swinging outside to inside. Do some of your drives go straight except a dead pull to the left ? This is an outsiude/inside swing that you finished with your right hand.


For me it is all TEMPO !!!!!


Next time you are at the range, try hitting drives as easy as you can...no effort, just go through the motions of the swing and let the club produce the power. My bet is that you will hit it straight. I was fortunate to watch the Senior Tour here in Washginton State. I followed Tom Kite around. The one thing I noticed was they all swing with the same tempo....The young guns on the PGA still can swing with all of their might and control the head of the club.


Watch Fred Couples...he has the BEST TEMPO ever !.





I agree with the previous statement. Your money spent on a lesson will be way better spent then at your golf pro shop.


I play a TP BURNER 9.5 degree with a stiff shaft.....If I try and overswing....exit stage right.


Make sure you are finishing your swing at the bottom. By this I mean make sure your right hand is closing at the end bringing the head into the same position as at address.....rolling your right hand over the top and pulling like heck with the left.....|||Taylor Made Golf- R7 Draw Rescue Hybrid Graphite $79.99 - $89.99





Tired of hitting it right? The built in draw bias will take care of that problem, and a whole lot more. Recently named to Golf Digest's 2007 HOT LIST, this baby is packed with technology to save you strokes on the course. Features a larger head, T-Shaped sole to blast it from any lie, a super-low COG for super-high moment of inertia. If you haven't already, replace your long irons today!!


|||Yea spend the money on lessons. The club has nothing to do with your incorrect swing. I don't like the draw versions of clubs because it just lets you work with imperfections instead of correct them. If anything, you'd need to change the shaft you use, not the club itself.|||Keep what you have and spend the money on a professional lesson. The pro can look at your swing and determine exactly what is wrong and how to fix it. Golf Galaxy runs 4 lessons for $99.00, much cheaper than a new driver.|||Cure the technique. It will be cheaper than a new driver, and serve you well for many years to come.||| you'd better go to local shop of golf and ask the boss to give you some advice.|||what is your handicap?|||i agree with unoriginal just get some lessons it is better than getting new clubs |||i think u can turn to a professional teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment